Once an ELF always an ELF – My Super Junior Love Story

There is no age limit when it comes to FANDOM – and this is proven by this Lola (Filipino word for Grandma) who recently went to a Seventeen concert in Manila.
Note: Me was super impressed! You go Lola Carat!

Also, once you claim yourself to belong to a certain FANDOM, you will find yourself being pulled back no matter how hard you tried to shake it off because you were “adulting”. This is basically – in a gist – my love affair with Super Junior.

I did not start out to be a Super Junior fan. The first time I was hooked to Kpop was because of DBSK – and it was during their Mirotic days back in 2008. Also, I was hooked to Jpop then (oh Arashi!). And since DBSK was heavy on doing Japanese promotions, I kind of liked them immediately. Their sound had a Jpop influence (at least to my ears). Fandom at this moment was still at it’s early stages – but I never really considered myself as Cassiopeia (in case your wondering, that’s what DBSK fans call themselves).

I had a friend who was studying in China in December 2008. While Skyping her one day, she convinced (more like forced) me to watch a show of a group called Super Junior. She knew I was interested in Kpop and she wanted to introduce me to the craziness of the group.

Her bias? Hangeng
The Show? Explorers of the Human Body (인체탐험대)

Truth be told, I was a bit indifferent at the time, also because I just discovered a little group called Big Bang and I had Haru Haru and Majimak Insa on repeat. Also, when I asked how many members the group had, I wasn’t prepared for the answer she gave me – 13! I faintly recall telling her that it was ridiculous – I couldn’t even distinguish 5 boys in a band – but 13?? How long would their parts be?

But since my friend can be very persuasive (she works in Sales!), I watched an episode. And one episode turned into 2 and then 3 and then I finished all of them. And since I rather enjoyed the craziness of these 13 boys, I looked for more of their videos and then their songs. (There was a site called super-legacy.com that fed this addiction but I guess it doesn’t exist anymore). I was hooked!!! And then in March 2009 they released Sorry Sorry – I was more than addicted! I couldn’t stop the fandom – I (un)officially considered myself as an ELF.

To me Super Junior was the funniest, most talented (I mean 13 boys, each bringing something to the table) and most real Kpop group at the time. They didn’t seem as untouchable as other groups. Their hardships were very those one that can relate to (Kyu’s and Teukie’s accident) and they were one of the most hard working groups. Who wouldn’t love them? (Yes, this is my bias talking).

But who could write about their love for Super Junior and not talk about ELF (Everlasting Friend)! Oh my Sapphire Blue friends 🙂

I started this blog in 2009 – pretty much when blogging wasn’t a popular as it is now. I posted a lot and did not really care what I posted – so long as I think it was interesting. One time, I saw a post on a forum a frequent about It’s You leak. Because I wanted to be one of the first to tell the world about it, I posted it on my blog. No more than 2 hours after I published the post, I received comments from ELFs telling me to take down the post. (Don’t believe me, this was a post I wrote after deleting the leak).

I was pretty freaked out by the incident. Didn’t really occur to me that someone would be monitoring my blog posts. But then it dawned on me – that only shows how much love and respect ELF has for Super Junior. They were willing to protect their oppas whatever means they can. From that day, ELF has earned my respect and I can say I’m proud to be one!

If you haven’t read on my post already, it has been 4 years since I swore off anything Kpop / Kdrama. The last Super Junior song I remember was Sexy, Free and Single. I was adulting. I missed out on a lot of their songs – or during the time when my boys went to the army and came back out. But this year, I sure am very excited for their comeback in November. My love for these boys are eternal. I’m ready to be an Elf again!

And like Lola Carat – I shouldn’t be afraid to admit it because Fandom has now age limit! I’m Tiny and I’m in 32 – and will always will be proud to be called an ELF!

We’d love to hear your FANDOM love story. 🙂 Share it with us in the comments below.

**Credits: as tagged + happycheek@redbubble.com + TaMiTokki@yt
(Note: was not paid to advertise, but the design above hits the spot for every ELF!)

-chipskjaa (“,)-

Get To Know Them – Siwon (Super Junior)

Two straight Get To Know Them posts in 2 days! I couldn’t wait to post this and I am itching to post this..Why? Because he is my bias!

I think he is the most handsome of all the Super Junior members! Sorry but there is no stopping Choi Siwon when it comes to charms, charisma and most especially good manners. This boy is absolutely perfect! Like an angel sent from somewhere.. ok that’s the biased me talking. By the, this post might be a little longer than usual as I have sooo much to put!

Siwon

 Siwon
Siwon (시원/始 源)
Real Name: Choi Siwon (최시원/崔 始 源)
Nickname(s): Simba (named by Heechul), Horse (Mal, for his zodiac)
Date of Birth: February 10, 1987 (Apparently, Siwon’s real birthday is April 7, 1986)
Place of Birth: Seoul Gangnam (south of Han River near Apgujung) (서울 강남)
Height: 183 cm/6′
Weight: 65 kg/143 lb
Blood Type: B
Siblings: younger sister Choi Jiwon
Specialty/Hobby: Singing, Dancing, Acting, Taekwondo, Chinese (language), Playing drums
Facts:
>> He is Christian
>> Aside from being in Super Junior, Siwon is also an actor. He even acted alongside Andy Lau (a very famous Hong Kong actor) in the film “A Battle of Wits”
>> His dad was against him being a super star, and in case you don’t know, he’s dad is a CEO of a pharmaceutical company
>> He studied in China as an exchange student for three months
>> He is famous for being the Super Junior member with a lot of gestures and often times he members imitate him

Videos Videos

 Showbiz Extra Interview

On the set of Oh My Lady

Singing Who Am I

Smartphone CF

** I wanted to find the other CFs but, I think this is the best as it shows the Siwon from Athena!

Picture Spam 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 **credits: as tagged + http://www.super-legacy.com + asianfanatics.net +  arirangworld, JongwoonIsLove, sherbetshaz  and 101010ayumi @ yt

I Can’t Wait for Skip Beat!!!

Ok so I know some of you may have seen the trailer already as it has been uploaded on youtube for sometime now. But I really really can’t wait for it.

Skip Beat is actually one of  my favorite anime and manga. It’s one that I have watched for a long time, though unfortunately I haven’t been paying close attention to it now. I like it because Ren Tsuruga is to me the ideal man! (though this kind of men you only meet in mangas, i’m not sure if they really exist!! kk). Also, the story of this anime/manga is quite interesting to me.

I was really happy when it was picked up for a live action adaption which was then supposed to be starred by Ariel Lin and Jerry Yan. I’m not much of a Jerry Yan fan (though I have to admit he is getting more handsome the older he gets), but I like Ariel Lin. She is by far a very talented Taiwanese actress, at least in my opinion (i love how she can change characters but I love her the most in ISWAK).

When news of the change in the actors came, I was a bit disappointed that Ariel Lin was not going to be part of the project. But the disappointment was replaced by happiness when I learned Siwon was going to play Ren Tsuruga!! Wee… Just perfect!

So I can’t wait for this to be shown!!

*credits: SuperSoloStacy30@yt

(“,)

Bonamana – Super Junior

I know it’s too late to post this on my blog.. but I have been yet again on hiatus for a month…

I’ve been a lot busier than usual… and I end up too tired to post anything and I would rather have more time to rest.. But I miss posting something on my blog and I regret not posting this when it came out!!!

But it’s better late than never right!

Super Junior Bonamana

The boys made their come back.. I’ve been watching some of their come back videos, but I can’t keep up… and I couldn’t post as much as I want to.. but all ELFs don’t need to worry because there are A LOT of Suju dedicated sites… As of the moment I am just happy reading them..

I’m sad though because their missing too many members.. but 10 is better than nothing… 😀

Lyrics for the song and the translation are available online… kk…

I maybe back to continue with my posts… especially the get to know them posts on my blog.. i need to find time (soon i hope)…

But for now this post will do..

So I’ll be on hiatus for an indefinite time… ^_^ maybe….

**credits: sment@youtube.com

(“,)

Kpop Stars on Twitter!!!

updated this post: april 27, 2o10

I just started tweeting (my twitter site)!!!

A friend of mine urged to make my own twitter and I can’t seem to stop! kk.. but another reason for joining this is because a lot of Kpop stars have now started tweeting!!!

Here are some of the Kpop stars I found on twitter (links to their twitter accounts.. it’s real guys!!):

Donghae of Super  Junior (the first Suju I think to have his twitter)

Shindong of Super Junior

Sungmin of Super Junior

Siwon of Super Junior (^_^ i’m very happy he started tweeting! i heart him)

Tablo of Epik High

Nicole of Kara

Yubin of Wonder Girls

Sun of Wonder Girls

Sohee of Wonder Girls

Mimi of Wonder Girls

Hye Rim of Wonder Girls

Changmin of 2AM

Jinwoon of 2AM

Jaekyung of Rainbow

Kang Ji Young of Kara

Go Hara of Kara

Gyuri of Kara

Mithra of Epik High

Younha

Yenny of Wonder Girls

Jo Kwon of 2AM

VJ Isak (Arirang)

Kevin of Ukiss

Alex of Ukiss

Eli of Ukiss

Kim Kibum of Ukiss

Hyung Jun of SS501

JYP

Official Wonder Girls

Official 2ne1 twitter (you need to send a request)

Drunken Tiger

One Way

Henry – Super Junior

Jessica – SNSD

Brian Joo

Nichkhun – 2PM

Amber – f(x) – need to send request

Taeyeon – SNSD

Hyo Yeon – SNSD

Krystal – f(x)

Victoria – f(x)

Kibum – Super Junior

So if you’re a kpop fan… start tweeting now!!! 😀

Oh if you know Kpop artists who are not on the list… please leave a comment 😀 comments are highly appreciated! thanks!!

(“,)

생일축하합니다 Saengil Chukha Hamnida CJ!

My friend CJ is celebrating her birthday today! And since she is very far from where I live, and because I cannot give her a physical gift, I am giving her an Electronic one!

My friend CJ is one of the people I share my love about anything and everything Asian with. Our addiction started with the Taiwanese stuff.. If I remember correctly she was the one giving me all kind of videos and songs before… and in the past few days I’m the one giving her Korean stuff. She is working somewhere else so I don’t get to see her much often and I miss her a lot! And since it’s her birthday, this post is for her!

CJ and I both like Super Junior! ^^ We love them… and we both like Siwonnie! ahahaha… so I am giving her Siwon pictures! 😀 Ceej I hope you like them!

So handsome! ahaha I’m speechless… hope you like it ceej!

And as a plus… I’m adding the korean version of Super Junior M’s Super Girl! Oh so many goodies for CJ! Spot the difference ceej between the Korean version and the Chinese version!

Happy Birthday Ceej! Miss you! Love you! mwah!

**credits z00mgg,  siwonnie_girl, bubble_tea_love, losecontrool@asianfanatics, sment@youtube and as tagged

(“,)

Super Girl – Super Junior M

I wasn’t thinking of posting anything in the blog today. But I cannot not post this! ^^

Super Junior M’s MV for Super Girl is finally out! It was released about a few hours ago!!!

My reaction when I saw this was OMG! ahahaha they looked soooo handsome! Nothing could go wrong if a guy wears a suit! kikiki ^^ Siwon no doubt was Super handsome! but what caught my eye in the video was Donghae and Hankyung (Hangeng), especially when he transformed to the hot guy! 😀 ^^ The song is an upbeat one… but I noticed.. the dance steps they made looks  little like the steps in Rainism.. not really exactly similar.. but there was a part.. but I don’t care! Oh and so I don’t forget to mention… Jessica of SNSD is in the video.. she looks really pretty too!

Waaa this made my day!

**credits sment@youtube

(“,)

Siwon on Men’s Health

I’m spamming posts today!

I’m sure most of you have seen these pictures already… It’s been posted for sometime now. But I can’t help but post it!

Siwon was featured on Men’s Health recently and he really really really really has a nice (and very sexy!!!) body!… yum! ahahahaha.. I will not be blabbering in this post.. I’m letting you feast your eyes! ahahaha

**credits siwonnie_girl@asianfanatics

(“,)